Thread: 10/20 KJs
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: 10/20 KJs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The turn raise is important b/c it helps define the SB and the BB's hand

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean??? If you raise and they both call or one calls how have you defined their hand at all? And if it has, how does that help you??

By raising you make the SB define his hand. If he can call 2 cold then you know that you need to hit one our draws. If the BB just calls after the SB folds then we have the chance to spike a potential pair for the win. It seems to me that a raise does not lose much as far as equity is concerned b/c both of our draws are good... so we have a large amount of equity there so if a raise can gain us additional equity then it can't be all bad.
[ QUOTE ]
It also gives us a chance to isolate the chronic bluffer BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure where you're getting "chronic bluffer". He's an aggressive player, but every pair is ahead of us as is almost every flop draw.

And so is A-high, however, the OP called on the flop with no pair-no draw against this player. The fact that he could be bluffing here must of been part of the variable that he factored in to justify a call on the flop. Him being a "chronic bluffer" was an inference that I gathered from the OP. Seems to be only way we could justify a call on the flop, unless we are just purely gambling?

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the outs it clears up are potentially our over cards here

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, what outs specifically does it clear up? There aren't many hands either player can have here that both: have an out that we can clean up and will fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the SB is tagging along with a hand that contains a J or a K in it, which would make them 2 pair... like TJ or KT or J8... some sort of holding like that... folding the SB here would potentially make our one pair hand good if we make it.

Im not saying that all of this is a great play or not, but we got ourselves stuck in this predicament by making a questionable call on the flop. Then our equity greatly increases on the turn, we should make every effort to win a pot that is increasing in size.