View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: How do you deal with your mistakes? Thoughts on going bust.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a college student and I haven't worked for two years, I've been living off poker and some rental income which has dried up for the past 6 months. This downswing has been killing me, partly because I switched to solely tournament play when my bankroll was more robust and my leaks at late stages were killing me. And partly cause of tilt, and spending some of my bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bankroll management is crucial. My roommate taught me this trick and it works for me. Open a Neteller and transfer three tournies in at a time. If you win a tourney, get that $33 or $66 out of there right away. Now you have the same bankroll on neteller and three tournies left on the site. There is another huge advantage to this, it really limits the damage caused by tilt. It's easy to just keep playing with the money on the site, it's quite another to go through the effort of re-loading, especially b/c poker won't be so fun at that particular moment.

Also, by quick cashout constant reload, while you want to be making money (obviously) you will also be accumulating bonus dollars faster because the money is moving around so much.