Thread: TAG
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
alright, let me give it a shot

in 6-max, i classify TAG as player who has a pretty tight range pre-flop (raising AA-99, AK-AT, KQ), but when he hits a hand / is the pre-flop aggressor, continues with that aggression post-flop, ex. c-betting

a TAG is someone who i dont expect holding 45s in a raised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
So basically a TAG is a totally predictable and straightforward player? Why would anybody not want to play against them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, at the 10/20 game, you probably want to play against them all day long. My understanding is that by the time you reach that level you'd better have learned a good LAG style.

But for us down at the 0.10/0.25, there are infinitely richer targets. I don't like playing against villains who only enter pots with premium hands, bet the hell out of them, price me out of my draws every time, and release when they think they're beat and punish me when they hit.

I like the ones who make fundamental mistakes. They call too much, badly overplay top pair or slowplay their monsters. TAGs may be straightforward, but I don't think of them as making basic mistakes; they aren't fish.