View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Comm 40/80: Not sure where I\'m at

[ QUOTE ]
first off this is an interesting hand and typical of the sort of sticky situations i end up in in that game all the time.

i think leading the turn and folding to a raise cant be bad. and calling the river is certainly correct given the pot size. dont expect mp to call behind you, he wouldve bet the river if he had a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think leading the turn and folding to a raise is about the worse thing you can do on the turn. Pot is fairly big. What are you trying to do with a turn bet? Unlikely anyone is folding anything that beats you, or probably any club higher than an 8. Are you trying to protect your hand against overcards? There's some merit in that, but this bet and fold strategy here is a great way to get played off a winner by someone on tilt holding AK with the A of clubs. Also, even if you're beat, you may still have outs with your 8 of clubs. Much better to check and then decide what to do.
Bet and fold strategies are horrible in situations when you may have reasonable outs, and a semi-bluff by an opponent is not unreasonable.