View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Why Can\'t I Move Up?

Thanx to everyone who took the time to respond. There were a lot of thoughtful replies and many of you gave me (and others, I'm sure) food for thought. Even the statement [ QUOTE ]
Wait for your balls to drop before you move up

[/ QUOTE ] was good to hear although not quite subtle enough IMHO.

Not to say that anyone's reply wasn't appreciated, but RydenStoompala asked some great questions:

[ QUOTE ]
Are you...
1) Trying to boost your hourly earn rate?
2) Playing mainly for fun but want better competition?
3) Sick of the game and think that changing limits will provide a new experience and get you back into it?
4) Just think you have to because "that's what people do!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if I am going to be perfectly honest with myself, that #4 applies the most to me, i.e. "that's what people do" or "I'm supposed to do that" or some such thing. I was all set to just go with that. After all, I DO enjoy playing and can't say I've ever NOT enjoyed playing. And there's no question I'm making $; however, #1 (I want to boost my hourly rate) also applies and it's a very close second.

I've done some more experimenting over the past few days and moving up just a bit has been profitable SO FAR, so maybe posting and reading all of your advice/replies has been cathartic for me.

Assuming I have the fortitude/skill to try the higher levels, I'll repost...especially after my first 100 - 200BB downswing.

So thanx again for your criticism/witticism/encouragement (whichever applies). I believe that EACH and EVERY post was helpful!