View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: wow this one is very hard i think...johnnybax hand from bellagio 1

Let's take it from the point of view from his opponent.

PFR (very well known, aggressive, tricky player) makes a standard raise and I call in position with XX. The flop comes J95 with two spades. He bets, I raise, he reraises, I call.

Here's the first thing. WOULD he just call here with top set with a board such as this? Would JohnnyBax put in a 3rd bet with a flush draw? He might. Would he with a set? He might. This guy doesn't know. If he's playing tight, it means he likely wants to survive till deep in the tournament a lot more than he'd like to take a shot at building a stack through laggy play. He's going to consider all options. Now if he gives Johnny a 20% chance of having the flush on the turn, is he going to push it in with JJ? I don't think so at all. He's going to push the flop. Same with 55.

I think we have to give him credit for the flush here and fold. Given our reads, it's the most likely thing. He also might have had a straight draw, which would make sense for his raise on the flop.

Remember, Johnny showed a desire to get all the money in on the flop but still wanted action. This guy is not going to put it all in without having that beat.