View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Bubble...These situations are way too tempting

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that's influencing me the most is that you're effectively also a shortstack, and if you keep folding the "real" shortstack could overtake you before you know it. He goes all next hand with JT, the BB calls with 8 5 and loses, and all of a sudden you're a favourite to go out next. Say the short stack went out next hand. With you're current stack you'll have very little fold equity when the blinds go to 200/400, especially if you don't steal before you're next session in the blinds. Win this pot and you can make a run at first, which is "where all the money is".

[/ QUOTE ]

ICM takes account of the whole "play for first, settle for 3rd" stuff - pushing this is not "making a run for first" - it's losing money. That's all there is to it. Have you not noticed the SB is actually shaving off 150 of his stack in this hand, so he's down to virtually a third of your stack anyway?

You really have some big leaks if you think this is a push. And I love to be at a table with people like you who go all-in with AQo to a big stack minraise when I have 2bb left here, because win or lose, you're handing me money on a plate without me even having to do anything. Think about that.