View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Capping as an Escape Route

Lots of questions about this hand, not least of which is the PFR.

After about 100+ hands CO is V$IP60/PFR25 and has been auto-stealing when folded to the in the CO/Button/SB. Post-flop he will run bluffs at paired boards, raise 2nd-pair or CR raggy boards to the PFR etc. but will slow down on the big streets if played back at.

BB appears to be an uber-fish who plays any 2 cards from the blinds for multiple bets, regularly cold-calls outside the blinds with sooted, AAAP, any connectors, any broadway etc. and will call down any piece of the board post-flop. His figures are V$IP60-70/PFR~5 after about 50 hands.

$5/$10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Naphand is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO <font color="#A500AF">(LAG)</font> raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(UberFish)</font> calls, CO <font color="#A500AF">(LAG)</font> calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UberFish bets</font>, LAG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, UberFish calls, <font color="#CC3333">LAG 3-bets</font>, Naphand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Given the high probability of BB calling who advocates just calling the LAG PFR? K9s is pretty borderline for a 3-bet, though against this player is likely to be the best hand.

Post-flop UberFish donking is a bit surprising so he must have something, raise is OK I think. LAG makes a wierd play.

Should I call and re-evaluate the Turn? Who advocates capping here and folding to a raise on the Turn? Flat calling makes the Turn play much tougher IMO.

What is the best plan for making use of my Button here? I have to admit to being f.confused at this point.