View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: finished erick lindgren book

[ QUOTE ]
Bought the book to read on a flight today. I am about 60 pages into it, but I like this book...Can't wait to finish it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You won't have to wait long. Lindgren's actual content ends at page 129. A portion of which is spent describing shopping for a home and spending your WPT prize money. Then you are treated to nearly 30 pages presenting WPT results of past shows, along with money winners, past champions, etc., followed by a Poker Math section by Matros.

I enjoyed the book and actually went back through a second time and highlighted some of the really great morsels of knowledge he gives throughout. As I mentioned in a review of the book a few days ago, Lindgren wastes no time getting into the good stuff with this book. That being said, this is a really short book. Without Matros and WPT adding extra pages, it would barely be a 3 part Cardplayer article. Maybe the length of the book is justified by the smaller price than most poker books. I did find a few things I enjoyed and it was fun to read it, even a second time.