View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Summary + Results

Hey folks,
thx for all your thoughtful responses, they really helped me.
Here is what seems to be the general consensus about the hands:

Hand 1:
It's possible to Call the Flop raise and then donkbet the turn, because Villain could be on a Flushdraw and wants to get a free card. I did not think about this because the board is paired and I could easily have him drawing dead, but since this is party...
I like Peter Harris' line best: 3bet Flop, Bet/fold turn, this way I never fold the best hand and dont give draws good odds.

RESULTS: Button shows A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and takes it down

Maybe I should have included that Button was a very aggressive player, but only 21 VPIP 7 PFR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 2:
Nearly everyone agreed it was played fine against a fish, and I agree too.
RESULTS: He shows J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and we split the pot. Bad luck I guess because he was a 46 VPIP 17 PFR and overall fishy.

Hand 3:
Most thought the River call was very thin, and that was and is my oppinion too. However I dont agree on checking behind on the turn. This depends very much on his Limp_Reraise Preflop hand range, but against AKo I would be freerolling and want to get bets in. Against nearly all other hands except a Flush I still have odds to draw, though it's obviously less EV this way. However my opponent was a 50 VPIP 18 PFR fish, should have included that earlier, didnt because I dont have many hands on them, never mind.

RESULTS: He shows 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the rivered straight and I'm of course very happy how I played this hand. Maybe a bit result-oriented?

Hand 4:
Only difficult spot is the river it seems. However there is this saying, that the most marginal spots matter less than one thinks, as the EV of the decisions is very close.

RESULTS: He shows J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG. Maybe he would have called a river bet, maybe not, I think it doesnt make much difference.
Opponent was 34 VPIP 15 PFR for the record.

All in all Limit seems to be a very difficult game to learn with many tough decisions. However I think it will be fun and stick with it for a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thx for your responses
-Toby