View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: How do you deal with your mistakes? Thoughts on going bust.

I may deal with mine rather simplistically but -

..if I make the mistakes then I make sure I remember them. Not listening to that little voice inside that often talks the most sense is the worst offender.

...If i get my money in on favourable situations then I console myself with that fact. Last night I played 3 games dominated by total donks. I couldnt catch, they caught almost every flop. I still was happy with my game - sometimes it just won't go your way regardless. I don't dwell on those times. I just smile and know that in the long run I AM a winning player but I can't beat the monkey bingo donks every night.

Of all the things I'm careful about it's bankroll management first and foremost. Just remind yourself of the work it took to get it where it is, then couple that thought with the one that says.."I know I shouldn't .. but sod it". If i do this once then I'm not playing until I'm calm again, normally the next evening.

Temperament I believe is another thing that needs to be learnt and improved to play well. As I stand I don't think I have the right temperament to play full time but it's just another part of my game to work on.

Best of luck turning that downswing round.

[b]<font color="blue">BingoChimp [b]</font>