Thread: thread locking
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: thread locking

[ QUOTE ]
I do see that people tend to raise a lot more than I do, but I'm a little confused by this, because I think I raise every hand that Miller suggests (I've made myself a chart that I stick to pretty well for ring), so I'm wondering if people generally raise more than Miller suggests, or if I'm just fooling myself and not really sticking to the raising standards as much as I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Following Miller to the letter would get your PFR% to about 7-8% IMO. Most of the better players here are at about 10-11%. I believe that the difference is down to isolation raises and blind steals - both of which need to be tailored to the specific opponents. It would clearly be impractical to advise playing each specific hand in a multitude of different ways, dependant on what type(s) of players have limped before you and are still to play behind you. I believe that this is the reason that there is yet to be a book published specifically about short handed play.

Also, SSHE advice is based upon 3+ players seeing the flop. There are many occasions in Small Stakes online (especially above 2/4) when this is not the case. For example, if it is folded round to you in mid position, you should usually fold or raise. This may well mean raising a hand that Miller's chart would have you limp.