Thread: thread locking
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: thread locking

Thanks for the advice. I think my stats are pretty weak/tight, but to some degree I think that's justified by my game selection. I mean, I certainly should be stealing more blinds, but when I'm on the button and the BB plays 50% of his hands and has no problem cold-calling, I have trouble knowing when to steal. A steal is a semi-bluff, after all, and knowing that you can't semi-bluff calling stations, I really have to be raising for value here, and I get a little confused at that point with which hands are really appropriate to raise...

If you look at my "Att. to Steal Blinds" stat, it's 94 times out of 620, which is definitely low, but the fact that it's only been folded to me in stealing position 620 times out of 23K hands probably changes things a little bit -- that means I'm only in stealing position on 2.7% of my hands.

I do see that people tend to raise a lot more than I do, but I'm a little confused by this, because I think I raise every hand that Miller suggests (I've made myself a chart that I stick to pretty well for ring), so I'm wondering if people generally raise more than Miller suggests, or if I'm just fooling myself and not really sticking to the raising standards as much as I thought.

In the 10 pages of the "Compiled Small Stakes stats," there isn't any mention of BBJ tables, so I'd like to get a thread going with people who frequent those games. Seems like they're getting pretty sharky, so there has to be 2+2ers in there, but I suppose I'll wait a day or two for that thread so I don't look like an ass who's flooding the forum.