View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Turn and river questions

Long time lurker, first time poster. During my session tonight, I came across two hands that I had trouble with.

Hand 1

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian calls, BB calls.

Both the blinds are LPP (&gt;35 VPIP, &gt;4 PRF), I raise with a decent hand in hopes of picking up the blinds, and instead get two callers.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Villian checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls, BB folds.

I hit my ace and value bet with what I consider to be the best hand at the moment.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Hero calls.

The four makes a possible, yet unlikely straight. However, villian bets. I raise, for value and also for information(looking back, I'm questioning the raise, thoughts?). I get 3-bet and am pretty sure I am in trouble.

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero ?

Getting 8-to-1 on my call, and with the villian leading, I'm fairly confident I'm beat and should be folding. Thoughts?

Hand 2

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Villan calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Villan calls.

Standard p/f raise.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Villan checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan caps</font>, Hero calls.

At first glance, the flop seems to be relatively safe, however, I get check-raised by villian. I 3-bet thinking he may be on a straigh draw, but the cap tells me I'm mostly likely behind.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, Hero ?

He leads the turn and now I'm 99.9% sure I'm behind. Getting 10-to-1, I'm pretty sure I should be laying this down with only 2 outs left in the deck.

In these spots, is raise on the turn in Hand 1 and raise on the flop in Hand 2 spewing (more in Hand 1 than Hand 2)? Also, am I playing weak/scared by not calling these down, or am I leaking bets if I see a showdown. Thanks in advance for the input.