View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Satellite radio - XM or Sirius?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
willie,

i enjoy howard stern. in fact don't think his act has been stale. i do think he's been limited in what he's been able to do lately and am excited to see him with no restriction. i like his interviews, his general overall malaise and his weird world.

but i digress - everyone is free to enjoy whatever they like.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea...what celebreties go on O & E, stern is an icon, O & E are just copycats...are you a MANCOW fan 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah i don't like mancow, i think that opie and anthony were pushing edges that howard didn't even conceive could be reached via radio before they had the cord pulled on them.

taking a busload of bums to an upclass LI mall and setting them loose w/ 100 bucks apiece?

a sex in public contest w/ different points for different locations and the winning couple taking a prize (this is where the st patrick's cathedral incident occurred)- other spots of interest- macy's in a clothes rack, and in front of yankee stadium (2 pt conversion if you go w/ SIIHP)

and countless other acts, they were funny and still are amazing....to each his own though

i just felt the same way you did for a while- straight howard guy but i got tired of him falling back on tight restrictions being the main reason that his show failed to push any new edges.

ron and fez are on xm too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and a quick analogy for calling them copycats....eh- it'd be like saying anyone who did standup was impersonating the original.

there are different ways to attack different material and each can be decent. howard is an egomaniac though to think that he is the originator of all things funny on the radio.