View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:13 AM

Default A6 in unraised 3 way pot

This is my first post in this forum, I started playing 6 max about a week ago. I find the play more agressive. There are so many terrible players, and the action is fast paced, so I like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Reads, I am old school so no numbers:

BTN open limped in this hand and seems to be just another fish who is LOOOSE and PASSIVE.

SB seems LOOSE and has thrown in some bets and raises but I did not see enough of his hands to really get a good feel for his aggressiveness.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

I think the flop raise is automatic here as he could be betting a lot of hands that I beat. I don't like getting re-raised, but I don't think I can fold TP here getting about 10-1 where I likely have hidden outs if I'm outkicked.

Turn: (6.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Getting 7-1 I tought if I was outkicked I was now splitting, just need fishy behind me to have no T.

River: (9.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero .

OUCH!! About the worst card in the deck other than a J or K.

Getting 10-1, or more like 5-1 for a split, is it worth calling hoping that SB has no better than A9 and fishy called 2 cold on the flop with Kx or Jx?