View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Scandinavia

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people feel it is morally justifiable; they feel that providing for the social welfare is more important than people paying too much in taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't they form voluntary cooperatives to provide this social welfare to those who want to participate in their system, then? Why the need to subjugate others into it? You keep avoiding this question. Yes, lots of people like it. That's great. Now what about those who don't?

[ QUOTE ]
If people don't agree with it, they can leave the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, there it is. It's always just a matter of time before the "love it or leave it" argument comes up. There's a "social contract" that you've "tacitly consented" to, just by the misfortune of being born in an oppressive state, right?

If the government doesn't like my distate for their "social welfare" why don't they just go find someone else who DOES like it? Why are my property rights less important than some busybody's desire to do things with my money?

Does a kid "tacitly consent" to wedgies when he shows up at school, where he knows a bully also attends? Hey, if you don't like it, go to another school!