View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

[ QUOTE ]
Gah, you guys in SSSH are tooo good. Inspite of what tporoor bob says, I can't lock this. there's too mcuh cguooo d tstuff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Egg Nog too.

FWIW, Bob, I think you have great skill for poker, but, speaking for myself, I often have trouble applying what I learn on-the-fly. When I'm running badly, I'm comfortable if I'm still seeing where I made mistakes, like missed value bets or bluff opportunities. I get scared when I can't, in which case I take a break (like days off).

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I've run fairly bad my whole poker career. I've rarely had my premium hands hold up more than 80% of the time at any limit I've played (usually starts out way behind and then approaches that magical 80 over months). I've almost never had more than the mean number of high PPs dealt to me (I'm almost always behind on AA-QQ). I think there 's a large difference in long-term luck between players, enough that it may take years to even out.

I think I used up all my luck the time I flopped quad As at the final table of a SnG and busted out the last two opponents at the same time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]