View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #5

hi victor. i agree with you that calling down 90% is way too high. i also think folding every time is clearly wrong. either line is very exploitable by a good opponent and if youre always folding this to a turn raise then a good player has you by the balls. always calling down isnt as exploitable because it will still be correct for the opponent to commonly bluffraise you even if he knows youre calling down ace high because your preflop opening range should be very wide and he will often catch you with jack high. if you have opponents who know youll fold this turn quite often with ace high yet never bluffraise, youre in a very good game.

this situation is entirely a feel situation as to how often the opponent is making a play on you or not. i usually fold this turn myself especially if i dont feel like im getting played with but often times i do and will often call down. im more or less looking for frequencies because that is the correct answer to this problem. this is not a black and white problem, its a problem of frequencies. i may not agree with the frequencies given by some replies but at least they realized its a frequency problem.