View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's say you go on holiday with your girlfriend, who is exactly one day younger than you, to California, our most liberal state, and probably our most sexually liberated. The legal age of consent for sex in California is 18, and there is no defense to prosecution based on the relative age of the participants. So, under California law, if you and your girlfriend have sex one minute before midnight on your 18th birthday, while she is still 17, then you have committed a felony and can be sent to prison for several years. Wait one minute before inserting, and it's perfectly legal.

I don't agree with a lot of laws, but laws tend to have bright lines rather than leave their interpretation up to individuals. Sort of like poker.

Personally, I could care less if you play online poker. But when you do, and get caught, and lose your money, don't come whining here. And for sure don't go raising a big stink about it, because as several others have said, that's exactly what the right wingers are looking for as an excuse to shut down online poker--protecting the innocent little kiddies.