View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Flopping the nuts against two maniacs

[ QUOTE ]
Villain 3, who raised pre-flop, loves to raise the flop if he's the one who raised it pre-flop. I would estimate he does this 3/4 of the time. If I just call, it shows weakness and it gives him the opportunity to bomb it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your estimate or your logic. Don't rely on him to bet your unts with a raise ane 2 callers. Checking and having a heart hit here would be tragic

[ QUOTE ]
Or I can hope that he's on an overpair or draw and will call if I bomb it myself. That's certainly a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're onto something. As I keep saying, Villain 2 could have easily caught a nice piece of the board.

[ QUOTE ]
These maniacs were likely not going to knocked off a flush draw. So I had the advantage of knowing that if I smooth-called, and Villain 3 did as well, I could get away from my hand if a heart hit the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
You turn that advantage into a disadvantage by calling. You gain when opponents make mistakes, not when thye call on a draw correctly. If someone turns over their cards with a flush draw and you call rather than raise, you have made an error in the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.