Thread: Money Stolen
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Money Stolen

[ QUOTE ]
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care. But if that same $20 got stolen, I wouldnt get all upset about it, and waste a couple hours pointlessly arguing with hotel managment. Id chalk it up in the loss column and move on, cuz its pocket change. But OP here obviously did get upset about his 2K being gone, and if it was going to be that upsetting for him to lose it, then he shouldnt have left it on the counter in the other room in a place where it isnt 100% secure. If you are going to leave an amount of money out like that, that you do actually consider substantial, then it is definately dumb.

Also tho, all of the comments i made towards the OP about being a moron were brought about by the fact his post comes off like it was written by an ignorant Ahole....and then when called out on it by tons of people, he tried to play it off like he was just kidding or something.