View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: PLO8 25 - Did I overplay flop?

If you put him on a weak hand, then it's more of a reason to check/call him down. If he's overplaying the nut low draw--then well, sh*t, you're overplaying your high cards too and not at that much of an advantage. Wait and go to war on another hand.

It seems I'm usually advocating waiting until the turn to pull the trigger on this forum. Since it's easy to get called in this game, it makes more sense to see another card and if it comes good to you, put your money in there.

If someone is overplaying wait until you have the nuts and then bust him. It may take 50 or 100 hands before you get his stack but think of it as inevitable. Steal a few pots from here to there if you can, usually when you have position or it is head-to-head or three-player.

I try to think of playing AAxx hands too strong as a weakness that I don't have but many other players have. I make my money in 08 having the nuts or near nuts or a two-way hand heads-up that isn't likely to be beaten both ways. Etc. I lose my biggest pots when I run into monsters from other players. There's a lesson here for me. The nuts are often out there. It may be improbable but if your opponent is calling and raising in 08, he very well might have the nuts.

I will bet and pick up pots here and there, usually with position or as a semi-bluff.

Your hand must fit the flop. You have to clinically analyze your AAxx hand just like you would any other hand. If you have AAKKds and the flop comes all low and not in your suit and face aggro , you should fold. Alas. I analyze and I have the discipline to lay any hand down postflop that doesn't fit the flop and give me decent odds to scoop. A powerful winning force surrounds me.... lol