View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Overplayed AA or just lucky opponent draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Not so much a bad beat as being outplayed. BTW: Did you have any reads on villain's style of play? If so, his raise on the flop may have been a warning. There was T$2100 in the pot at the flop, you bumped T$1600. He raised T$2000 into a $3700 pot. This can not be seen as any type of probe or continuation... he wasn't drawing, he was made. Depending on his playing style it COULD have been K-9 suited that became two-pair (loose style) or even KK that tripped (tight).

Since you had no overt pressure to raise your stack NOW, (M=23.28) I don't think you should have gone all-in at that point unless you had a definte read on him.

Of course, hind-sight is always 20/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not really have a good read on him. He was a fairly new comer to the table. However, I had raised two or three times in two orbitz and he could have thought I was stealing certainly. I wasn't I had a pretty good card rush, but that's besides the point.

In hindsight, I think you're right. I bet, he called. flop. he checked, I make what is likely just a continuance bet. He re-raises me.

That should have been a bright red flag. If I folded at that point, I would still have been in it with a shot at the tourney. I just think it's hard to get away from AA without some really obvious "You're so beat" sign.