View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 05:39 PM

Default Re: OIC - Tuesday - who\'s still in it?

[ QUOTE ]

Sherriff
I've now got to about $700 in 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice going [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Fraubump
I'm playing 5/10 right this very second and have $826. I am wondering whether I will chicken out if I get to 1k.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe Mike or jHE would advise otherwise (and please don't take this the wrong way), but we'd have to guess that you'd best take the money and run then once you hit $1k.

From where we're sitting we think you've done great (esp. over the past couple of days), and we'd rather you left the event with a warm fuzzy feeling about how you turned $50 into $1k than with regret if you have the misfortune of losing half of it at the next limit. Certainly if you're not going to be feeling confident at 10/20 then it's more than a little possible that you won't bring your A game to the table.

[ QUOTE ]

PokerNoob
Last night I was beat twice by 72o by guys playing any two every hand. There were a few other 2+2ers at the table who wisely left

[/ QUOTE ]
Noob, we would have thought that a game with "guys playing any two every hand" (esp. 72o) would be worth sticking around for --- surely you just have to tighten up a tad and wait for the $$$ to rain down your end of the table? Unless we're missing something, why did the 2+2ers leave a game like this? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

josie
I guess I am out....I am throwing a surprise party for my wife and Cashed out $250 if the $500 I had....What an experience...Special thanks goes out to the gaming club, inthacup and JHE for their rolls. I appreciate your efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to know we played some small part in making your boss happy -- wish her happy birthday from us [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... anyway, our pleasure -- we're glad you enjoyed it and that you managed to turn a profit. Well done.