View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: Do you induce bluffs in NL?

yeah, he would have reraised me or something if he was certain he had me beat. he was very straightforward like that. and like i originally said, sometimes i raise this and sometimes i don't. i don't mind keeping the pot smallish at this point to perpetuate errors in my opponents postflop. there is always that psychological tie people have when they originally call a bet, they put their money in so unless it is a significantly larger bet they are calling anyway, but in a raised pot now they have something to fight over. remember, AKo has to hit the flop; out of position i thought it would be 1)easier to play if an A or K came by putting in a potsized bet and 2)i'm putting my money in as MORE of a favorite most of the time. don't get me wrong, most of the time from a bunch of limpers AKo is marginally the best hand and you should get your money in as a favorite. but i will forego some of the preflop equity to be a larger favorite after the flop, which is when hand values change the most anyway.