View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Troublesome JJ hands

1. I push preflop. If you call preflop, I check raise on the flop to get value out of a continuation bet from overcards. If you bet and he raises, fold against an average or tight player, call vs. an aggressive or tricky one.

2. Preflop, decide whether the button has a better pp than you. If he does, fold pf. If he doesn't, call the flop bet and push the turn (unless UTG+2 also calls and the turn is a club). If you call preflop and fold to a bet when the flop is all undercards, then really you were just playing JJ for set value. You're not really getting odds to do that.

3. Fine. Hopefully he had a flush or straight draw, but he could just as easily have had a Q or a set. There's no way to tell, really, without risking your whole stack. Definitely bet the turn. Against a made hand, you're losing everything anyway, and putting money in here gets value from draws.

4. Easy call as long as SB isn't a rock.

5. Fold unless you have reason to believe he's a donk. He bets out on a weak flop after you raised pf? If he was testing whether you had overcards or a pp, he wouldn't overbet the pot so much. I smell a set or a slowplayed AK or QQ-AA.