View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: AQ three bet pf, hit tp

Am I the only one who doesn't like the raise PF in MP1 for just what happened. You get cold-called by MP2 and 3 bet by Button at a tight table. Now you're faced with having to call 3 bets w/ AQo knowing that the cold caller may re-raise behind you and then you're looking at 4 bets w/ AQo, and first to act w/ 2 others.

I think AA, QQ is unlikely since you hold one (but not unheard of) so AK, KK, JJ, TT... to open up for the others? Possibly AQ (it happens), AJs, ATs, KQs,KJs...

I like the check here to see what happens behind you before getting any deeper, although I can't see what MP2 would go in for 3 bets PF and fold to 1 on the flop. The guy must be a bleeder at the table.

Same with the turn as now his possible TT has made a set and he's no longer scared of the overcards, or KQs has made the st8, or AJ, AT 2pair has you beat to now.

River, The question is do you bet it out and fold if raised, or call to see the hand. Given the opening action, I check and call. If I added right, there are 8.25 BB in the pot so it'd be hard to let it go now for 1BB.

Comments?
RT