View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: $109\'s... Son, you\'re shook, ain\'t no such thing as halfway crooks

[ QUOTE ]
i like this line. if SB pushes, i think you have to call. you're in the ballpark of having odds to call even if one has a bigger pair (backdoor outs + 6's) and there's some chance you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, since this thread resurfaced I'll outline my thought process briefly.

Preflop: I'm not folding, I probably have the best hand and the chips to do something about it.

Big Limpin's post is nice and concise and does an excellent job of referencing Mobb Deep... the three most important things in posting. IMO, which differed from Microbet's, he has a reasonable hand or else he wouldn't stick his neck out there, and while he may not be thrilled, he has to call if I push pf. The overlay he is getting is ridiculous. I envision him grunting in front of his computer, I never see him folding. We don't want him seeing five cards. Three will have to do.

Now this guy is straight-forward so we know he wants to check this down. Dude wants second. Now if he checks it to me on a flop like this the risk / reward to pushing is too great not to in my opinion. He's likely folding overs because he's scared of busting in third. He also has to give me credit for a hand because it's a dry side pot so I'm not bluffing. He's too weak to call with overs in my opinion.

Now if he leads into me for all his chips on the flop I think I strongly have to consider folding. Like I said, dude wants second, why would he push if he doesn't have me crushed. If he was good or tricky this becomes more complicated, but this guy isn't pulling anything funky. If he was good he would've pushed pf. If he pushes I think I have 2 outs. I would reluctantly fold. I think it's worth noting I think he open pushes here like never. And yes, sometimes he check calls all-in and I'm crushed. C'est la vie, it wasn't that many more chips anyways.