View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:56 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Do you induce bluffs in NL?

Hey guys,

I posted another hand in Medium Stakes and they said it goes here so lets have at it. I am normally a limit player, but as there were no limit games available i buyin for $100 at $200max table. $1/$2 blinds. Live.

villain is UTG+1 and has ~$85 in front of him from this buyin.
other stacks are nonconsequential in this hand but here they are: SB-$200, Me in the BB-$140, UTG-$140, UTG+2-$180, MP-$80, CO-$220, Button-$200

i am in the BB with AKo. I used to raise this every time but now i mix limping and raising with my big non-pair hands. i don't know if it is right, but it keeps them guessing and i am having success with it.

6 limpers, sb completes, i check.

Flop- A 4 2 rainbow

sb checks, i bet $20, one call, all fold.

Turn- 9 completing the rainbow

i bet $20, villain calls

River- 6

i check to induce a bluff ready to call any bet. villain obliges me and moves allin for $45 or so more, i call. this guy was really stupid and i had observed him bluff at a couple pots before. i had made some pretty good laydowns so i think he thought i was a little weak/tight(this is the major factor in what i did; what he thought of me). he may have two pair, or the river could have completed his draw, but i figured my best shot for the money was to check and let him take a stab at it. thoughts?