View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

[ QUOTE ]
On the internet at small stakes you can pass on small edges because you have 6 tables of instantly dealt cards and a larger edge is often right around the corner.

Live games people tend to push smaller edges. The game is not going to last forever, you have a limited time to make some cash, and you dont recive 6 tables of instantly dealt cards so that larger edge might never turn up.

[/ QUOTE ]For someone just starting to play online, this is gold. I just started multi-tabling and it has really changed my poker life.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. The more small edges you push the greater EV you accumulate. Pushing smaller edges with more hands ensures that they would theoretically become winning plays more quickly according to the Law of Large Numbers.

Alternatively, if you can flip with a horrendous player in a live game that might get up and cash his winnings it would be a bad idea to give him the opportunity rather than wait for a 70/30 spot. Brunson says don't gamble with bad players, online I will because they are in abundance, when one leaves another can easily replace him.