View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Which Game is Easiest to Beat

I'm not sure what constitutes "micro" limits; if you're referring to those 2 and 4 cent games I can't help you having never played them. I can speak with a reasonable degree of knowledge re. .50 / $1 through $3 / $6.

Omaha players may or may not be good overall poker players but they do tend to be good at Omaha. I'm not sure whether this is due to Omaha being one of the easier games to play or whether it's more a function of fewer people "accidentally" winding up in these games.

- By "easy" I was speaking in terms of relative, not absolute, difficulty. (BTW, draw - both high and low - are even easier games).

Stud attracts people who for the most part have some familiarity with both this game and poker as a whole. Familiarity and skill are NOT the same; many of these people are clueless as to the finer points but few are clueless as to the "nuts and bolts" of the game. One of the good things about stud is if an opponent doesn't play well it's unlikely he ever will - unless he puts forth overt effort. Given the near obscurity this game is currently suffering it's rare for a recreational player to stumble over new information. (new = new to HIM)

High draw is rarely spread but when it is the game is usually soft; this is due primarily to the fact that "Everyone 'knows' how to play well" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

As for holdem . . .

There are some excellent (and I mean EXCELLENT) players found at limits as low as 2-4 as well as some of the dumbest human beings you'll encounter outside a trailer park.

Since as a winning player you'll play close to break-even poker against these experts while feasting off the nitwits holdem will often seem like the easiest game to play. Be assured it isn't, however, it is the scene of the greatest number of overall (overall = 6-7 out of 9) soft games and will therefore appear to be "easy".