View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Is it OK to cold call in this situation?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, you crazy. chill out bra. read my above post. and Inside the poker mind does a good job explaining why cold calling LAGs is not the answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't need to read a book to understand the correct play here. Not opening your cold calling range verse a player who raises T5o is incorrect. This is a basic expectation decision, and we'll often have +EV with hands like KTs, A9s, etc. when 3 or so loose players limp and a LAG raises. I don't understand how you can dispute this.

Anyway, I've given my thoughts on this, and don't have much to add. I'm not angry at all, and apologize if you interrupted my tone the wrong way.

the thought here is that against a maniac you actually tighten up you standards a bit. The reasoning is that just because someone raises crap doesnt mean that playing a hand with small ev is now very positive ev. In fact the opposite is what happens. The small ev hand now has to pay more for small ev. I think i agree with playing k9s not sure i three bet here. Maybey another two callers and i 3 bet this. would be interesting to run this on ps. the kj i think is an automatic throw away no cc and no three bet. Just my thoughts and im usually wrong but that is how ive understood playing against maniacs and extreme lags.