View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: a 40-80 hollywood park hand

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty unique line, I actually like it a lot cuz I think it's a very good way to save some bets

[/ QUOTE ]

save some bets?? after i 3bet from the sb and get capped i check fold that flop. period. he's passive, he'd have to have EXACTLY AK or TT for you to continue here. for mathematical reasons i think a bet works if you are 100% sure he's passive AND that he'd cap AK after getting 3bet from the blinds every time...i.e. if you really want to be sure he's got it then agreed, bet out...but fold to the ensuing raise. why call the flop? passive opponents call AK not raise it.

lets say he could have AK, AA-TT after the pf cap.

given the flop there's 16 AKs, 12 AA/KK, 3 QQ's (i.e. you=DOA to a runner runner straight), 1 JJ, and 6TTs.

so odds are you're ahead assuming he caps AK. its my personal experience that when a loose passive player raises early and gets 3 bet from the blinds, that same passive player doesn't put in an extra bet with no pair. thats how they think, from what i've seen. if we eliminate AK, you have to check fold the flop. so your flop bet shoudl depend on your assumption of how passive he is w/ AK.

Barron