View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Expert or loser play?

[ QUOTE ]
but where you went wrong was grossly overbetting the turn. UTG bet 90 cents and you raised him $9.90 cents, so when the BB raised you, you had trouble getting off your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree here. The structure of a small stake game is different from medium or high stakes games. The main different is that most players can't fold the hand they where hoping for, when they called preflop. The most money is won with TPTK because, the other players can't lay down a dominated top pair hand.

You can actually call an allin preflop with AK, JJ or even TT, with positive EV in those games!

So the reason why I overbetted the turn was that it is common that a nutflushdraw, two pair, set, str8draw and even TPTK would call.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you made a bad call on the flop, because you shouldn't draw to a the ugly end of a straight draw in a really loose passive game like this, or draw to a straight with a flush draw present

[/ QUOTE ]
I had tree really good outs, with the possibility of getting one or two players allin!

[ QUOTE ]
in a really loose passive (I would say aggressive) game like this

[/ QUOTE ]
Elaborate. I would never make this kind of play in a tight game. Then I hit my miracle tree outs or the dangerous tree outs, I need a big pay off to call.