View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: A Mod Challenge: The Either/Or Idea

Jake,

I'll give it a shot.

1. A

The A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would seem to definitely be the best of those four cards. We have sucked out on any better pair hand. Because it's the A, it means villain can't have it and we are only worry about two possible better flushes instead of three.

2. C (or E)

A small [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is good for us but not as good as a big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], since it's more likely that villain has a bigger draw he just hit.

3. E (or C)

This is a decent card for us because it gives us extra outs. JT isn't that likely for villain anyway, and the value of the extra outs are more valuable to us than that card is to villain on average.

4. D

A total blank isn't that good for us. While it is unlikely to make villains hand better, it means our hand doesn't improve. We basically stay at about where we were at against villain roughly, which was in the mid-50s.

5. B

This seems to be very clearly the worst card we could hit. Any A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw has just improved to beat us, and we're drawing near dead against them now. Our hand doesn't improve against any of the hands we're drawing against, while several of villain's hands do improve against ours.

Am I right? I promise I did this without looking...