View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: knock, knock. Who\'s there?

[ QUOTE ]
Being self-aware puts me in control of the thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the me that is 'in control'. If the me that is 'in control' thinks that it is in control, then how is this me any different than thinking itself. So you say that by being self-aware or, 'of an awareness that can see the thinking', that you feel like you're more in control, but who feels more 'in control'? Can this 'person' who sees the thoughts be qualified really?

[ QUOTE ]
The "me-ness" doesn't belong to the brain, it belongs to the action of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the action of thinking different then thinking itself? If not then there is thinking and that which is aware of thinking. Which one is the me-ness? If you say the thinking, then that is true because when you are thinking, that is what you are doing, but what about when you are aware of your thoughts? Then you see that thinking is not You, but comes from the emptiness of your awareness. So the thinking could be called you, because while you are doing it, you are thinking, but not you at the same time because the thinking arises from the emptiness of your awareness which could be the more basic You.