View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: I think I have to quit...(NC)

[ QUOTE ]
If you truly believe that you are a long-term winner at this game as you say you are, unless you've hit some sort of bankroll problem, you should keep on playing.

If having dominated your opponents in the majority of the hands you busted out with doesn't put a smile on your face after ~2000 games, I don't know what else to say other than:

You might also want to listen to the people who said this game just might not be for you, just a thought.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really should put a smile on your face, too. You have to learn to evaluate the quality of your decisions without dwelling on the results of those decisions. It can be difficult to do sometimes when the beats come in bunches, but it is awfully damned important if you want to be succesful. Think about the long run. Think about all the times that someone called your top set with middle pair-no kicker and doubled you up. These people who shove all their chips in as a dog over and over are what makes poker so profitable.

You already know all of this.

13% ROI playing half 11s and half 22s is $2.15/sng btw. 8-table these and play 50-100 5 days a week. I know some people who would call that a living.