View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Expert or loser play?

I was playing a small stakes no-limit, when this hand ouccured. I think I played the hand OK(please comment if you disagree) but the BB made a move I had never seen before.
I can't figure out if it was i strong move, or a stupid gambler move whit a negative EV.

I had no read on any of the players, it was my 2nd hand or so on that table.
(0.15|0.30 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

BB ($93.11)
SB ($29.70)
UTG ($20.84)
HERO ($20.37)
MP ($20.37)
Dealer ($11.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)
UTG calls ,30
Hero calls ,30
MP calls ,30
Dealer calls ,30
SB folds
BB calls ,30

I like playing drawing hands in shorthanded nolimit - if it hit I have a great chance to double up

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checked
UTG bet - $0.60
HERO called - $0.60
MP called - $0.60
Dealer folded
BB raised - $1.20
UTG called - $1.20
HERO called - $1.20
MP called - $1.20

Well, I had 3 really good outs, and 3 dangerous outs

** Dealing the turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checked
UTG bet - $0.90
Hero raised - $10.80 Since UTG was betting on the flop, I saw it as save to make a stand, if he had a set or two pair he would probably call. And I wanted a flush draw to fold or pay!
MP folded
BB raised - $20.70 Since he check-raised on the flop I would put him on a set, two pair, weak bluff or weak semibluff (with a flush draw)
UTG folded
HERO went all-in - $8.07

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB shows: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB wins $42.84 from the main pot

I was just amazed - have any of you seen or used this type of play before? Check-raising a weak draw(3 outs) and then punish the other players when it hit.