View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:30 AM

Default 3 Showboat hands

Two hands are mine. The other is a friend of mine that I witnessed at the 1/2 NL hold'em tables at The Showboat tonight in Atlantic City.

Hand 1: This is my fourth hand of the night. I've folded the first three and still have the $220 I bought in with. I look down at two black kings. I raise the standard, $15, and there is a fold and a min raise to $30. I call the $15 and re-raise $50. Villain, a senior citizen, stares me down and makes the call. I ask how much he has left and he counts out $89.

Flop: J 10 9 (rainbow). Action is on hero. What do I do?

What do I do preflop?

Second hand: Moved to a different table and am at $89 in chips. UTG (120 dollars) who has somewhat loose raising standards but plays tight after the flop raises to $10. I have AQo. The table has been loose preflop so I figured I would call and see a flop. People had been calling re-raises with suited connectors. Maybe I should have pushed but I had to respect UTG. Cutoff (appox. 180 dollars) calls and the button (approx 160) calls. These are the two loosest players at the table. Four to the flop.

Q 10 5 (two clubs). UTG checks. Hero bets $25. Cutoff calls. Button and the original raiser UTG fold.

Turn: K hearts, hero checks (awful check???) and villian pushes me all in for 54 more. Hero???

3rd hand: This is my friends hand. He is dealt KK and is in MP. He has $240 in chips. One limper in front who has $340. His table has been much tighter than my table. He raises the standard $15 with the cowboys. Quickly folds back to the limper, who is in UTG+1. He calls the $13 more.

Flop: Q 5 3 (two clubs).

Villain checks. Hero bets $20. Villain minraises to $40. Hero calls the $20 and raises $80 more. Villian contemplates and makes the call.

Turn: 8 spades. Villain pushes Hero in for $120 more. What does hero do?