View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Interesting AA post by Garland from medium stakes

You have some good points, but:

[ QUOTE ]
the preflop calling range of a random opponent with those stats includes *almost every hand he raised preflop*.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I think he would release at least 75% of the hands to the size of my re-raise. He's raising pre-flop light--almost 8% of his hands and probably open-raises with a very broad range. This would include KQ, KJ, QJ, JT, AQ, AJ and AT and probably some other assorted suited connectors. It was kind of subtle, and I don't know if anyone paid attention, but SB called the original $14 raise so my re-raise to $52 was bigger than it would be if it were just the original open-raise. The original raiser should be releasing all of the aforementioned hands.

[ QUOTE ]
You can almost certainly expect action from AK (hey, a worse hand!) because AK calls ~50%+ preflop and puts more money in on this flop 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, suppose he has AK. I bet 1/2 pot or 3/4 pot and he flat calls. Now what? I've got to shut down, right? I give up the initative, then I'm almost certain to face a big bet on the turn or the river putting me in a big quandry.

Garland