View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Situation in SSNL

Well, just to bring everyone up to date. We pulled the sticky down last night and publicly retracted the "no KK PF folding threads" policy. However, we made it clear that obvious bad beat posts were going to be moved or locked.

After reading Cola's post, we agreed last night that he and the poster from SSNL were right about at the very least this: stickied threads should be held to a higher standard. Our intent behind the sticky was to reduce the number of a particular type of bad beat post that had been flaring up recently. Our post failed in that mission becasue it was a strategy-related post which could not always be correct (which we acknowledged). I agree with Dynasty that KK hands shouldn't be taboo -- that no real discussion should be taboo. The only reason we're here is to discuss hands, after all.

So, I made a mistake by putting that sticky up in the first place, but I learned from it. After it was all said and done, I for one was actually glad that the SNNL poster had complained, becasue I feel that I quickly became a better mod through the experience.