View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Folding the river, (censorsed)

Live 15-30 game

I havent played here in a while, but last night my friend said to me "where have you been playing live?" and it sparked memories of dragging non-virtual pots and shuffling non-virtual chips. Not to mention I was in the area.

I'm MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps UTG+1 limps, fold, I limp, fold, fold, button calls, both blinds see the flop with us.

Flop

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, I raise, Button calls, both blinds and UTG call

Turn

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, check, check, I bet, everyone calls

River

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

everyone checks (including me) and button bets saying "give it to paulie"

folds around to me and I look at him and he says "straight"

people in this game to this A LOT. and they dont lie, either. it's a real friendly game and they almost dont like their buddies calling their bets when they have the nuts.

I figure he's telling the truth (and what does he cold call 2 SB's with here anyways when I have top two and the nut flush draw)

I fold. He doesn't show.

Anybody like the way I played this hand or would you try to raise the turn? Obviously "Paulie" might not cold call 2 BB's with a wrap, but who knows?

Thoughts appreciated.

Tex