View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Playing tricky against a terrible player

The flop and turn seem fine, given the reads. Turn raise may be a little questionable since the flop is quite uncoordinated (increasing the likelihood MP3 is holding at least pair), though gutshots and overcards are very possible holdings. Therefore, I like the isolation raise.

I think the river bet is a clear mistake. Given the read, you can't fold villain off any better hands, and there's no way you’re good 55% of the time when called. Check the river here.

EDIT - After looking closer at the action, I think it's important to note that SB rarely holds a T here. I think his range on the flop includes 66-99 and ATs. Since he attempted to protect his hand on the flop with a check-raise (it's likely he assumed you'd auto-bet the flop) I think the above range is reasonable. I highly doubt he'll attempt this with overcards, and think these holdings can be discounted heavily, as can big pocket pairs.

Given my thoughts on his range, I still believe raising the turn is fine. It’s also unlikely you’ll be 3-betted, and I think this is an important consideration. I didn't really know how to interrupt "pretty tight", and assumed he had TAGish stats.