View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: still losing after 20000 hands in 1/2 (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
I play tight pf. Raise my good hands. Used to isolate LAGs but it won’t work because no one after me is folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is wrong here. Basically you're assuming that you isolate just to get everyone else to fold. You should be isolating for value. And it's not just LAGs if a loose player limps you should open up as well. You should almost never overlimp one loose player.

[ QUOTE ]
I play middle pair if the pot is big and I have the odds to call OR if HU then I don’t need so big of odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Middle pair isn't a draw. It's a made hand, and often the best hand. It's usually weak so you need to protect it. In small pots, bet out. In large pots, check and see. If it gets back to you either, raise or call.

[ QUOTE ]
UI overcards I usually check/fold unless against < 3 opponents and then when the board is “safe”.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too simplistic and too weak IMO

[ QUOTE ]
I do not semibluff because no one is gonna fold

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not possible that you're losing in a game where no one ever folds. You're overstating here. Given the right read, weak-tight, you should be semi-bluffing.

[ QUOTE ]
So pretty solid preflop and postlfop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really you aren't. You're way too weak.

[ QUOTE ]
Any tips how to win in 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't convince yourself that 1/2 is the problem here. The idea that you're style would play better at a higher limit is just wrong. You would get creamed and run over.

[ QUOTE ]
I have friends here (in 2+2) and other places that say 1/2 is really pain in the ass!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well here's one that thinks that 1/2 is easier then 3/6.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they don’t chase so much. Chasing makes these microgames so high variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean positive variance? lol

[ QUOTE ]
And of course, if they chase without the odds it is good for you in the long run! But in the long run we are all dead! Would like some profits BEFORE that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[ QUOTE ]
Should I stop playing SH and try full tables for awhile? Many good players here have said that SH is so different ballgame. Maybe I just don’t know how to beat it? Anyway, I am not gonna play in 1/2 anymore. I will take a shot in 2/4 or 3/6 and see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea IMO, but maybe you'll run well and improve you're game at the same time. Though it's far more likely that you'll run crappy or average and think the site is rigged.

[ QUOTE ]
The funniest thing is that everyone is saying that you don’t even have to be smart at win micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight is a losing strategy in all but the most passive games.

On to the stats:

You're not VPiP'ing enough 22-26 would be better.
You're too tight in the SB. Should be over 30
You're BB defense is abysmal. Below 60% close to 50 would be ideal, but you could survive if you just got it near 60% for now. HU defense should be lower too.
You need to steal more. “Stealing” is actually a bad word for what you need to do. You need to value raise more in steal positions.
PFR of 12 is terrible. If you want money, you need to get it to 16.
You're checking too much after a PFR suck it up and bet please
You need to be more LAG post flop. You need to raise instead of call. You need to bet instead of check. You need to call instead of fold. You're AF's aren't that bad the problem is that everything that makes up AF is skewed lower.

Position stats:
You suck in the blinds. It's hash but it's true. Do you seriously believe that you should only be raising the top 4% of hand in the BB? How about 7% in the BB? They should both be double at least.