View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:38 PM

Default PLO8 $25, how to play two pair? (with HH)

Hi, I've been wondering how you can profitably play two pair in O8...Here's an example of me getting stacked, what should I have done?

PLO8 $25, 10 players
Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 limpers, SB limps, Hero checks.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets pot ($1.70), 2 limpers call, SB calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets pot ($8.15), 1 limper calls ($2.80 all in), SB calls.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $16.40 all-in, SB calls.

SB shows 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and takes my stack.

I doubt the flop bet was right, because of the flush and low draws out...And then the turn bet was probably wrong, with another flush draw out...And the river, well...I don't know. Thought he might have been going for low or the flush, hadn't shown any agression, thought I might be good.

Should two pair ever be played? I find that I'm usually drawing to a boat, but if I don't bet the draw, when I do hit, there's like $.03 in the pot for me to win...Any thoughts?