View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Question for the LAGs

I dont understand these stats, if someone could explain it, that would rock...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just started trying to get a better understand of SD. I'm currently reading Gambling Theory and Other Topics and I'm starting to get it. Since my last big downswing a few months I’ve been very interested in the topic and I feel like many NL players in these forums, including me, have a very thin understanding of these concepts. Once I get my thoughts I gathered I’m thinking of making a big post about it.

Your SD is actually lower then I would expect it to be playing that aggressive. You must be playing pretty TAG postflop?

The extent of what I can do with that stat is calculate your risk of ruin using a projected win rate and the size of your bankroll and depending on how big the sample size is project a WR within a certain range with x% level of confidence. As well as determine what type of swings should be normal/expected if you WR is accurate and what type of swings are statistically unlikely. here is a post in one of the other forums that has the ROR calculations if you are interested.

The main use I've found for it is the aftermention ROR calculations. It's nice to now have a better sense of how much dough I need for certain levels (at a speculative WR for the levels I have less then 100k hands at) to essentially preclude going broke absent tilt, bad table selection or defcon iv type downswing.