View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: There\'s a third time for everything

[ QUOTE ]
"You should maximize every EV edge you have in a cash game..."

That is a meaningless sentence to me because I am unable to know the EV's of my decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

true tommy, very true.

but you do know ranges. you can estimate whether the EV is >0 fairly well given your experience. + you knew the other guy would call if you called, giving you info and better odds to make up for some of the variance you have to take to put in 3k.

further, ive read you say that you can't underplay a hand one round and then fold the next round to action b/c nobody can put you on that hand.

you limped. agro raised. another agro 3 bet all in that initial agro raiser. there's about 3.2k in the pot. even without the other player calling, do you expect to win about 50% of the time by the river? 33% if the other one called, which you knew he would. i trust your reads.

based on this information, we can estimate, not know, our expectation. did you have another 3k on you?

would this decision, if it cost you 3k this time, affect your future play from those players that "aren't going anywhere?" (gain you action probably b/c you finally put money in and dont have to expose yoru hand if you lose, but thats pretty irrelavent based on your description of these folks) will you play worse if you lost?

if you answer "yes" "yes" "no" then i vote call. im there for money.

Barron