Thread: 30/60 Q8o
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Q8o

I agree the flop was too thin. I got 10:1 from the pot so I need a tiny bit more than 4 outs. I´d give myself 3 outs for my pairs. The Q sometimes will be dominated so I cant fully count it but a few times even my 8 will be good (hard to know though). I have a 2gap backdoor straight draw which adds 0,5 outs. So I have ~ 3.5 outs and am closing the action. The flush draw discounts my outs a bit too though as someone already mentioned.
If I can sometimes see the river for free it would be a good call. I´m not sure how often that happens (maybe 10% of the time).

On the turn I hit and thought I can easily fold to a reraise and will pay 2 to see a showdown anyways so I may as well raise now and charge the draws. It was a freeshowdown raise so I took it at the river. A 9 or T may call but thats about it, I think most of the time they try to improve on the river and fold if they dont. The T could have made a straight. When I see it now it was a pretty easy fold to a CR but I wanted to stick with my free showdown plan. A valuebet is thin but likely correct.