View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 01:37 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wanted to keep hands like 45 and 57 around to potentiall bluff at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, letting him draw to 6 outs is almost worth the "bluff bet" that you may or may not be getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the pot is big enough that even if we knew he would bluff a 6 outer this is basically no better than betting and having him fold? Whereas in a smaller pot it is more valuable to let him bluff instead of betting and have him fold because his 6 outer is worth fewer total dollars?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

take 2 extreme cases. in the first case, there is no money in the pot. in this scenario, we would rather let him bluff the river than take the pot down right now.

if the pot had 100 bets in it, we would obviously rather take it down than get that extra bet on the river.

its similar to deciding whether to slowplay a hand. how does the value of future bets compare with the size of the pot right now?

in this situation he is saying that the pot has grown enough that we want to take it down and that his bluff bet (which absolutely is not guaranteed) is worth less

i think the biggest consideration here is that the flop was 633. he is unlikely to make a naked bluff since he knows that gabe knows that its unlikely for him to have anything. but then again he is also unlikely to actually have anything. i think the most likely hands are biggish aces, 54, 57. biggish aces arent folding. i think if he had a pocket pair hed 4-bet it since there is so much bs preflop pot pumping that people tend to not slowplay their big hands as much (maybe this is wrong, i dont play much hu). if he has 54 or 57 he will think he has enough outs to continue i think, and certainly with 54. so he is getting roughly breakeven odds to call, but thinks he has more, so he will call. also, since he knows its a bad board to bluff on, he will be unlikely to fire that last barrel on the river. so while he is getting 1 BB of implied odds, we are generally not getting him to bluff again. so the only value in keeping him in the pot is getting himt o hit a straight and pay us off